First 3 Months on the CognigyCrew
Just wrapping up my first 3 months at Cognigy. It has been an enjoyable time with people I respect and trust. Not to mention the technology does everything they say it will. There is a lot of hype in tech, and many firms paint a picture that really isn’t realistic. That’s not what I’ve experienced at Cognigy! Here are a few highlights:
- Several members of the team in Germany have reached out during my normal work hours to check in and see how I am doing. Not when they also needed to ask me to do something. Not when it was a pretense to some other agenda. They honestly just wanted to see how things were going.
- I posted on an internal channel about how I didn’t understand an external public framework. A Sales Engineer offered to help. When I sent the meeting invite I made it for 60 minutes but commented we’d probably just need a half hour. He gave me an hour and 15. And this wasn’t just normal meeting time. This was organized, energetic and a real conversation.
- A large number of the people are extremely energetic and positive. A refreshing change from an environment where there is no trust and respect is only given out of fear.
- Life here is NOT a perpetual fire drill. Yes, it happens now and then that we get a late invite to an opportunity with tight deadlines. But when that happens there is energy and enthusiasm to make it happen. The passion and creativity is contagious. It isn’t that burn-you-out constant turmoil experienced at other firms.
- This stuff works. I get to work the the Flow Builder every day and the quality is there. Intuitive and powerful and I’ve only scratched the surface. I feel good and sincerely have faith in what I am promoting. Hasn’t always been the case. So I urge you to give it a try!
If you are looking for a better place to ply your trade, check out the Cognigy Careers page. If there is an opening that interests you, reach out to me and I’m happy to give you more details about what it is like to work here as well as how great the technology is.*
* I do honor non-solicit clauses, so if we’ve worked together and the required amount of time hasn’t passed then I won’t be able to help you. You can of course still apply, and if I get an internal request for details about you I’ll gladly share what I know.